Technical Support Engineer
Competitive salary with bonus and benefits
High Growth Potential
About the company
Bright is a rapidly growing, top-tier venture-funded company, focusing on developer-centric application security for the enterprise. We enable organisations to fix security issues before they reach production by integrating security early in the software development process, reducing reliance on manual testing, and running scans frequently.
We are looking for a highly passionate, professional, hands-on software and team player Senior Customer Success Engineer.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and build applications that allow the world’s biggest enterprises to test their applications.
In this role you will be a member of our Bright’s Technical Support Team working alongside with other team members in Customer Success, Engineering, QA and Sales Engineering (SE). Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for incoming level 1-2-3 support calls from all customers in North America, EMEA regions and resolving the technical issues from beginning through completion.
Technical Support Engineer (Application Security) – Remote Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Handling issues during standard business hours by working directly with our SEs and Partners Troubleshooting customer issues and working with other departments (e.g. Engineering, QA) to resolve them.
- Being a focal point for technical issues and making sound decisions quickly.
- Understanding and documenting the customer’s requirements, managing expectations, and providing excellent customer service.
- Working with SEs to solve technical issues arising from PoCs.
- Analyzing customer feature requests and forwarding them to the product management team.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment, and planning installations and configurations as required.
- Monitoring and tracking customer usage, health parameters and other KPIs for each of the customer..
- 2 – 5 or more years professional experience in IT, Networking, Firewalls, Security products: comfortable working in Windows, Linux, APIs and CLI services/commands.
- Knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows in Enterprise environments.
- Understanding and knowledge of common types of application layer vulnerabilities.
- Optional knowledge of SDLC, OpenAPI/Swagger, CI/CD platforms (Jenkins, GitHub etc), Cloud technologies, applications development, applications security, and vulnerabilities.
- Excellent communication skills in English. An ability to influence, persuade and motivate people at every level and every function to partner with you on solving problems.
- Strong ability to work with enterprise customers, handle their expectations, solve and/or escalate problems.
- Ability to work with customers and teams across time zones including the US and other parts of the world.
Preferable/ Nice to Have:
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent;
- Proven knowledge of security and security best practices, specifically in implementing, deploying, and securing modern applications and services.
- Hands-on experience in a fast-growth startup environment.
- Work experience of DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing) in a DevOps environment will be a great advantage.
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging project.
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work from home.
- World-class security experts changing the world of application and API security. Do it with us.
- Ability to interact with some of the largest global organisations as customers
- A diverse and inclusive workplace. Bright is an equal-opportunity employer and our team is composed of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.