Please fill in the form and we'll contact you
About the company
Bright is a rapidly growing, top-tier venture-funded company, focusing on developer-centric application security for the enterprise. We enable organizations to fix security issues before they reach production by integrating security early in the software development process, reducing reliance on manual testing, and running scans frequently.
We’re looking for a highly passionate, professional, hands-on engineering manager to join our team in Israel and manage engineers located in Europe and Israel.
As the Engineering Manager you will play a key role in leading and managing our engineering team, ensuring the successful delivery of our products and services.
The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience in software development and possess a strong technical background.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and build applications that allow the world’s biggest enterprises to test their applications.
About the product
Bright’s product is the first of its kind to integrate DAST testing into unit tests, integrating into CI/CD pipelines, and various educational programs designed for developers to adapt an ‘early and often’ posture when it comes to testing for security vulnerabilities. With the Bright engine’s stellar technical and business logic, minimal false positives, and developer-centric design, there is no need for manual validation of security findings, removing costly and time consuming human bottlenecks that cripple rapid releases and drain dev team’s limited security resources.
Sphere of operation: Application Security Testing
- Lead and manage a team of engineers, providing guidance, mentorship, and support throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to define project requirements, scope, and timelines.
- Oversee the design, development, and delivery of high-quality software solutions.
- Ensure adherence to coding standards, best practices, and quality assurance processes.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance team productivity and efficiency.
- Identify and mitigate risks and technical challenges during project execution.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to software development.
Stack or technologies and architecture:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with one of those languages: GoLang, Ruby on Rails, or NodeJS.
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with Docker and Kubernetes for containerization and orchestration.
- Proficiency in setting up and managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Knowledge and experience in AWS and other cloud platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
A master’s degree is a plus.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of proven experience as an Engineering Manager or a similar leadership role.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on development experience in one or more of the following stack languages: GoLang, Ruby on Rails, or Node.js. in a senior role.
- Strong knowledge of OOP and design and architecture patterns such as DDD, Event Sourcing and CQRS.
- Knowledge of algorithms and computational complexity.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and practices, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Self-learner, strong can-do attitude and great interpersonal skills.
- Understanding patterns and best practices, weighing pros and cons, detecting and avoiding anti patterns.
Nice to have experience in:
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform or Ansible.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Previous experience in the security domain or with DAST technologies.
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Ability to work partially from home
- World-class security experts changing the world of application and API security. Do it with us.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace. Bright is an equal-opportunity employer and our team is composed of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.