Technical Support Engineer
Competitive salary with bonus and benefits
High Growth Potential
About the company
Bright is a rapidly growing, top-tier venture-funded company, focusing on developer-centric application security for the enterprise. We enable organisations to fix security issues before they reach production by integrating security early in the software development process, reducing reliance on manual testing, and running scans frequently.
We are looking for a highly passionate, Technica Support Eng, in the field of Security and Networks.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and build applications that allow the world’s biggest enterprises to test their applications.
In this role, you will be a Bright’s Technical Support Team member working alongside other team members in Customer Success. The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for incoming customers’ requests and drives them to resolution while maintaining a proper technical and professional posture.
Technical Support Engineer (Application Security) – Remote Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Handling customer requests through a 24/7 on-call or duty rotation.
- Troubleshoot customer issues in a professional way.
- Working in tandem with Sales Eng, Product, R&D, Marketing and Sales,
- Understanding and documenting the customer’s requirements, managing expectations, and providing excellent customer service.
- Analyzing customer feature requests and forwarding them to the product management team.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment, and planning installations and configurations as required.
- Monitoring and tracking customer usage, health parameters and other KPIs for each of the customers.
- Creating a knowledge base to assist the organization in training and deflection
- 2 – 5 or more years of professional experience in IT, Networking, Firewalls, and Security products: comfortable working in Windows, Linux, and APIs.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows in Enterprise environments.
- Understanding and knowledge of common types of application layer vulnerabilities.
- Optional knowledge of SDLC, OpenAPI/Swagger, CI/CD platforms (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Azure, etc), Cloud technologies, application development, application security, and vulnerabilities.
- Excellent communication skills in English. An ability to influence, persuade, and motivate people at every level and every function to partner with you on solving problems.
- Strong ability to work with enterprise customers, handle their expectations, and solve and/or escalate problems.
- Ability to work with customers and teams across time zones including the US and other parts of the world.
- Experience in providing support to enterprise customers.
Preferable/ Nice to Have:
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent;
- Proven knowledge of security and security best practices, specifically in implementing, deploying, and securing modern applications and services.
- Hands-on experience in a fast-growth startup environment.
- Work experience of DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing) in a DevOps environment will be a great advantage.
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging project.
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work from home.
- World-class security experts changing the world of application and API security. Do it with us.
- Ability to interact with some of the largest global organizations as customers
- A diverse and inclusive workplace. Bright is an equal opportunity employer and our team is composed of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.